It was incredible to be involved in this engaging webinar hosted by Sightsavers as a side event at the UN Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (COSP) that took place on the International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
Juliet Milgate, Director of Policy and Global Advocacy at Sightsavers chaired the panel discussion so beautifully, the webinar had a very relaxed and friendly feel. It was fantastic to hear so many different voices and I would urge you to watch the webinar as it was wonderful to hear from all of the following speakers:
- Ms. Ana Maria Menéndez – UN Under Secretary General (USG) and senior advisor on policy to the United Nations Secretary-General
- Dr. Monjurul Kabir, Senior Programme and Policy Adviser at UN Women.
- Ms. Nidhi Goyal, founder and director of Mumbai-based NGO Rising Flame
- Mr Charles Chauvel , Global Lead on Inclusive Processes and Institutions at the UN Development Programme (UNDP).
- Ms. Machtelt de Vriese, Senior Community-Based Protection Advisor at the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR).
- His Excellency, The Hon Mitch Fifield. Ambassador Fifield is Australia’s Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations
I particularly enjoyed hearing from Nidhi Goyal; a visually impaired activist and stand-up comedian, Nidhi took up the mic to talk about the way people perceive her see the UN article on Incredible Women.
Once again we set up Sign Interpretation and Closed Captions to ensure the webinar was accessible – it was fantastic to be part of the MYT / Sightsavers Events Team!
The full webinar is available via the UN Web TV by clicking here.